two soon-to-be retirees on a once-in-a-lifetime international adventure!

two NOW RETIRED PERSONS on a once-in-a-lifetime international adventure!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Critters!

Ok, so I pride myself on being an outdoorsy sort of girl, but there are a few things that take me back a bit--hahha, you are thinking "spiders" or "snakes"! Nope! Mosquitos and geckos :)

This is one of my defenses against the dark lords of the insect world! I am on a one woman mission to rid Puerto of their mosquito population.            Wanna join me?

So then, because geckos search out and destroy the little flying varmint mosquitos, one would think geckos would be my favorite friends!! NOOOOOO, I am so SCARED of them (but of course, Matt says they are MUCH more afraid of me! Highly unlikely and impossible. I am petrified.)  Don't ask me why, I know it is an irrational fear...the best thing was, I didn't see a single reptile indoors in the whole two weeks of our last trip! Maybe because the house is full of mosquito-killing chemicals? hmmmmmm....

Meanwhile, we have a resident iguana that we are a little bit fond of...




and we have our next door neighbor furry friends...

I call them el tigre and negra-but my Spanish isn't good...


Sorry I don't have a pic of a gecko--I am tooo busy being scared to snap a photo! I didn't catch a snapshot of the tejone that sauntered through our front yard, either :(
On a good note--there is nothing like the bird songs in the morning in Puerto...it is a symphony to greet you each new day! Love it!
Update---found a picture of a gecko on our screen door!



1 comment:

  1. I'm not afraid of mosquito but I sure hate them! I'm hoping that we planned our house so to limit the mosquito population inside! About Geckos, they eat mosquito as part of their diet so I'm OK with them!
    I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete