two soon-to-be retirees on a once-in-a-lifetime international adventure!

two NOW RETIRED PERSONS on a once-in-a-lifetime international adventure!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

School Children

I believe that Mayan children are among the most precious in the world! Their sweet smiles simply light up a room! I had a wonderful experience two years ago, being able to bring school supplies from my second graders down to some first graders in the Colonia. I will post pics in a later post. The pictures I have for you now are from a class that received letters back from us, and they graciously sent some on to us!
Grettel translating our letters from Puerto

I will post some pictures of the sweet letters later, but for now, feast your eyes on these wonderful kids, it will make your day!

First graders in Puerto getting our letters!


I have decided that I want to do a photo collection of the children in Puerto--a photo essay that will warm your heart!  (Have to check into privacy issues first...) In the meantime, here is a picture of Jose's adorable girls...


No comments:

Post a Comment